Have you ever painted with help from eggshells yet? Let’s try this simple eggshell art together. My kids love it!
Here is what you need:
- Empty eggshells
- Tissue Paper
Making Modern Eggshell Art
Step 1: Prepare the eggs
Empty your eggs by cracking the top off. I used one dozen medium eggs, but my kids enjoyed it so much; they asked for more.
I tried two techniques to crack them. If you have cooked eggs, take a knife and cut the top off and spoon the inside out. It’s possible when they are raw as well.
Step 2: Add color
Fill the eggshells with various paint colors. I recommend using washable paint if you do this together with your kids.
Step 3: Secure them
Cut tissue papers in squares, place the paper over the egg openings and secure it with tape.
Step 4: Have fun
Now it’s time to enjoy yourself. Have fun throwing the eggshells against the canvas. You will love your beautiful modern eggshell art!
- Be aware, it’s messy. We did this project outside and placed a cardboard box under the canvas, which made it easy to clean up.
- Eggshells can be fragile, especially empty. So be careful with them and take your time preparing.
- There is no reason to waste the actual eggs. They still can be used for scrambled eggs or the inside can be eaten when cooked!
- Some shell parts might stay on the canvas, just remove them carefully.
- We used a permanent marker and wrote the name and date on the canvas.
Follow Lil Tigers at the links below!
Facebook Group: Free Kids Activities Arts & Crafts