Toilet Paper Roll Dandelion Art for Kids
For this week’s kid’s art project we will use paper rolls and create dandelions. This is a great gross and fine motor skill activity that already suits toddlers under supervision. They will get the chance to improve their scissor cutting skills and use the toilet paper roll as a stamp. My kids loved this hands-on craft toilet paper roll art activity.
Heres’ what you’ll need
- toilet paper roll
- paper plate
I was able to find all the materials in my house already. Which is a big bonus point for this activity. Plus, it needs nearly no time to set it up and the children can help during the whole process.
So let’s take a look now at the easy step-by-step tutorial.
How to Make Toilet Paper Art
Step 1: Create the toilet paper roll stamp
- First, cut the toilet paper roll as shown in the picture below. Then, fold the cut pieces back.
Step 2: Prepare the paint
- Next, fill the paper plate with the desired color. I used white since I wanted to create dandelions. My paper is green like the grass and to get a nice contrast.
Step 3: Let’s get started
- Now, let’s get started! Take your prepared roll and place it in the paint. Then use it as a stamp to create a dandelion.
Step 4: Finish touches
- Lastly, take a brush and fill in the middle of the stamp. Also, don’t forget to sign your painting with your name like the famous artists do!
- Any preferred color of paper works and different colors of paint as well.
- It never harms to use washable paint for children.
- The stamps also can be used for firework art. It’s a great craft for the 4thof July or other holidays.
Follow Lil Tigers at the links below!
Facebook Group: Free Kids Activities Arts & Crafts
Like it? Pin it! Share it!