Did you know your kids can make beautiful paintings with help from salt? Salt art painting is a super fun activity for kids of all ages. Give it a try! My kids loved it and most likely you already have everything you need at home.
Let’s Create Some Awesome Salt Art Designs
Here is what you need
- thick card stock–preferably in white
- liquid white glue
Making Salt Art Step-by-step
- First, either print out a picture to trace or simply draw any picture or design with glue in your paper.
- Then, sprinkle salt on your artwork while it’s still wet, till the liquid glue is fully covered.
- Remove the excess salt from your painting and see if you missed a part. If that’s the case, repeat step 2 again.
- Let your salted covered design dry.
- After your project is dried, take the brush and start painting carefully on your salt work.
- Finally, it’s now time to let dry again before you can enjoy your finished picture.
- If your child still wants to keep going, let her finish painting the parts without salt, that way a beautiful 3-D effect will show.
Keep in Mind…
Please be aware that this activity can be a bit of a mess to clean up. If you’d like to avoid having salt over your whole table and floor, use a baking sheet or pan for step 2. Also, make sure to use plenty of salt in order for this art project to turn out beautifully.
My kids and their friends really enjoyed this week’s activity and I hope yours do too!
Please leave a comment below and let us know how your salt art project turned out. We would love to see a picture of your creations!
Follow Lil Tigers at the links below!
Facebook Group: Free Kids Activities Arts & Crafts
Like it? Pin it! Share it!